Price includes shipping within the EU
“Stunning works of art with attention to detail that is just jaw dropping! Simon van der Heijden has taken the horsebow concept and made it his own. Although his bows are inspired by historical Asiatic designs this is no copy. Every aspect of the design has been developed to work to its optimum without being restricted by any varient that came before it. The beautiful horsebow looks that truly offers modern day performance”!
Kev “Arrow” Smith
Simon’s Bow Company
“Traditional Craftsmanship with Modern Performance“!
RHA Black Edition
Styled by myself in cooperation with Simon’s Bow Company and including a performance “Grizzly String” as standard!
- Length: Choice of 54″ or 56″
- Draw length: 54″ bow – up to 32″
- Draw length: 56″ bow – up to 34″
- Poundage: 25 to 65 lbs (in 5lbs increments)
- Riser and Siyah: Black Locust (Robinia pseudoacacia)
- Limbs: Yellow “action bamboo” core with Black glass finish
- Tips: Black Micarta overlays
- Grip: Choice of black leather or suede
- Includes: Grizzly String, bow sleeve & Shipping within the EU
All bows are hand made by Simon with great care and craftsmanship.
Simon van der Heijden spends most of his time in his workshop doing what he loves: making bows!
Simon has been making bows for over ten years. He started with simple wooden self bows and soon after that laminated longbows. Studying a variety of bows he became interested in traditional bows from the Middle-East and Asia which led him discover new bow making techniques involving modern materials.
Simon’s passion comes from being part of the whole process. Laying out the “raw materials”, putting them together, shaping them and as a result, making a piece of art you can use!
Order time for custom bows is currently 1-3 months. This may vary.